By Anna Hunt
Scientific research continues to prove the healing potential of nature, and many are finding that sometimes natural is best. Here’s a short list of natural pain killers that you can easily find in your kitchen and their potential healing benefits.
Top 20 Natural Pain Killers List
1. Ginger (add to 1-2 teaspoons daily to diet for general muscle pain)
2. Cloves (chewed gently for toothache / gum inflammation)
3. Apple Cider Vinegar (1 tablespoon mixed with water before meals for heartburn)
4. Garlic (can be made into an oil for earache – see link below to original article with special recipe)
5. Cherries (joint pain, headaches – 1 bowl per day)
6. Oily fish (salmon, tuna, sardines, trout, mackerel, herring – can benefit intestinal inflammation – consume about 18 oz per week)
7. Yogurt (PMS – 2 cups per day – keep organic and without sweeteners)
8. Turmeric (chronic pain – 1/4 teaspoon per day)
9. Oats (endometrial pain – bonus: they are gluten free)
10. Salt (hot, salty foot baths work well for ingrown toenails – use 1 tsp per cup of water – soak 20 mins twice daily)
11. Pineapple (stomach bloating and gas – 1 cup of fresh pineapple)
12. Peppermint (add a few drops of the essential oil to bath for sore muscles)
13. Grapes (back pain – 1 heaping cup per day)
14. Water (general injury pain, helps wash away the pain-triggering histamine – 8 x 8 ounce glasses per day)
15. Horseradish (sinus pain – 1 teaspoon twice daily)
16. Blueberries (bladder / urinary tract infections – 1 cup daily)
17. Raw Honey (topical application 4 times daily for cold sores / canker sores)
18. Flax (breast pain – 3 tablespoons daily – must be ground or seeds will pass right through!)
19. Coffee (migraines – caffeine stimulates the stomach to absorb pain meds better)
20. Tomato Juice (leg cramps – tomato juice is rich in potassium – 10oz daily)
About the Author
Anna Hunt is the founder of AwarenessJunkie.com, a online community paving the way to better health, a balanced life, and personal transformation. Anna is also the owner of OffgridOutpost.com, an online store offering GMO-free healthy storable food and emergency kits, and the co-editor and staff writer for WakingTimes.com. Anna is a certified Hatha yoga instructor and founder of Atenas Yoga Center. She enjoys raising her three children and being a voice for optimal human health and wellness. Visit her essential oils store here.
This article (20 Natural Pain Killers in Your Kitchen) was originally published by Awareness Junkie under a Creative Commons license with attribution to Anna Hunt and AwarenessJunkie.com. You may re-post freely with proper attribution, author bio, and this copyright statement.
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Moreover, views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of Offgrid Outpost or its staff.